Best Practices: Review airspace requirements in FAA UAS apps before you fly!
The FAA, working with industry, has developed applications that provide increased situational awareness to recreational flyers.
- FAA-approved UAS Service Suppliers of the Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC)
- FAA B4UFLY app
These apps provide:
- A clear "status" indicator that lets you know where you can fly
- Informative, interactive maps with filtering options
- Information about controlled airspace, special use airspace, critical infrastructure, airports, national parks, military training routes and TFRs
- Ability to check whether it is safe to fly in different locations by searching for a location or moving the location pin
- Links to other FAA drone resources and regulatory information
- FAA UAS Service Suppliers of LAANC also provide near real-time airspace authorizations
- A full list of companies that provide authorizations to recreational flyers is available on the FAA website
Fri, 05/07/2021 - 11:48